Re: Advance Distributor

To: massitti@telus.net
Subject: Re: Advance Distributor
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 10:43:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 massitti@telus.net wrote:

> Hi Robert

Hi.

I cc'd the list because I've already gotten several requests on the topic

> What kind of distributor are you running?

Mallory dual point. I don't know the exact model, but it's a 23xxx

I'm not sure that you can still get them, but I bought one about 3 years
ago from TRF. I bought another from Moss a couple years prior to that.

If you can't get the dual-point, you can def. get the Unilite version
which is more $$$ but in fact should be better (no points!).

If you run very high compression and you want (need) rock solid ignition
timing, then you must look into a crank-triggered setup (like
Electromotive). But this sort of setup is overkill for most street TR6's.

> Orest Massitti
> '72 CC81636UO

regards,
rml
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: xxx-xxx-xxxx