Re: Iron Butts

To: aktifspeed@earthlink.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Iron Butts
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:20:26 EST
There are many on the list wiser than I but when I travel I always take my
ditty bag.  I pack the usual duct tape, several rotors, set of points &
condenser, fan belt, various sizes of hoses and clamps, a few spare nuts,
bolts,
washers & screws, some electric wire, wire ties, tape & fuses, a small electric
fuel pump, JB Weld, aluminum tape, quart of oil, tire pump, jack, can of flat
fix
and the usual variety of tools, screw drivers, sockets, pliers, etc.  Believe
it or not all of this packs into a nice small soft sided tool tote leaving
most of the trunk free.  I suppose one could also pack some water but I usually
have a few bottles in the car for drinking that could be used in a pinch.

Before leaving on a trip of any length I do the usual maintenance of oil &
filter change, chassis lube, tire pressure check and I try to drive the car for
several days just to shake the bugs out.

After all of the above I offer a really long prayer, get in and take off for
my adventure.

Coming from West to East you have 3 main choices.  Go up the Northern route
I-80, stay in the middle via I-70 or drop down South along I-40.  Each offers
some beautiful country and unique sights.  Personally I would probably include
some time in the Smokey Mountains regardless of which route I took.  Besides
you can always go out one way and come back the other.

Life is an adventure, enjoy the trip!!

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO