RE: Clutch Attachment Bolt Size

To: "'Jerry C Shaw'" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Clutch Attachment Bolt Size
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:33:56 -0800
 Jerry,

There is a chance that the PO modified the flywheel per the Competition
Preparation Manual. On page 17, it says " Our latest modification to the
clutch and flywheel was to drill out the fixing bolt holes to 3/8" and
counterbore to this diamet into the flywheel 3/16". The flywheel was then
tapped to accept a 3/8" SAE bolt and a bolt fitted that had an unthreaded
portion under the head that would go into the flywheel counterbore."

If so, just open up the pressure plate holes to 3/8" and you're good to go.

Hope this helps,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6