RE: Rear Hub Removal

To: "ronald weber" <rmweber_99@yahoo.com>, "6Pack"
Subject: RE: Rear Hub Removal
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:11:17 -0800
        Ron:

        No need to remove the hub or axle to replace the bushings. Once
you get the rear spring out, just drop the mounting brackets by removing
the bolts that pass through the chassis member in front of the trailing
arm. The front of the trailing arm will drop down, permitting you to
remove the bolts that pass through the bushings and remove the brackets.
        You can use a gear puller to press out the bushings, or a long
bolt and some large 1/2" sockets. When you reinstall the brackets,
install them with the bushing bolt heads pointing inward (towards each
other) so that next time you will not need to drop the brackets. That
way you can remove the bushing bolts with the brackets still attached to
the car, and it is even easier to service the bushings, or to remove the
trailing arm should that ever be necessary.

        Cheers,

        Vance