Re: car won't start

To: "Sondergard, Michael L." <michael-sondergard@uiowa.edu>,
Subject: Re: car won't start
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:55:07 +0000

> Hi fellow Sixers. My beautiful '73 won't start. I turn the ignition and get
> nothing, nada, except the red ignition light comes on. It's not the battery
> (It's charged and holds a charge). Car runs fine after I roll it and pop the
> clutch. I'm no mechanic but wonder what the problem could be. Any ideas? Note
> would like to self-diagnose if I can. How would you suggest I go about this?
If the 73 has a starter relay, you might check that it is operating, and that
the wire from the starter relay (I think it is white with a red stripe) is
connected to the starter. These can fall off on occasion, and if it does,
nothing will happen when you turn the key.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL