Re: rear spring installation

To: "James Franks" <jimmble@adelphia.net>, <Lizirbydavis@cs.com>
Subject: Re: rear spring installation
From: emanteno@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:39:00 +0000
-------------- Original message from James Franks--------------

> I've used a big flat prybar before and wished I hadn't. It's going to be
> easier in the long run to just pull off the inner axle attachment at the
> diff, one side at a time, then lower the wheel down with a floor jackuntil
>the spring can be removed. i don't recall if you need to undo the flexible
>brake line or not.

That isn't necessary. Once you remove the shock link and lower the
axle/trailing arm assembly, if you can't just pull out the spring, rotate the
rear axle until it falls into a "low spot". When that happens, the assembly
drops a little bit more, and it is enough to just reach in and remove the
spring.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58