Looking for TR6 Frame

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Looking for TR6 Frame
From: "Jerry C Shaw" <slowtoaccept@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:24:36 -0500
As a continuation of looking for frame restoration firms in the Northeast,
I've
decided that my existing frame has been in an accident and will be scrapped.
Since I had stripped it of undercoating using a propane torch and power wire
brush, I was able to take it to a local Triumph guy, who conducted a cursory
inspection, and we found a number of broken welds, bent suspension pieces,
and other problems. The sad part is it actually was not all that rusty.
The lesson here, at least for me, is that this thorough pre-cleaning
suffices for initial inspection without spending money on sandblasting.

I'm now in the market for a good TR6 frame. Straight, no accidents. I live
CT
and can pick it up in NJ, PA, CT, NY, MA area. I prefer that the frame be
stripped of
undercoat and tar so I can inspect welds and condition, or a reconditioned
frame with documentation and photos.

Please email candidate frame info off-list.
Thanks
Jerry