Re: Body Mounting Question

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Body Mounting Question
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:12:25 EST
Thanks to all who responded,

I've made pretty good progress with fitting the body. The door and wing gaps
lined up nicely. Working from the doors outward seems to be the trick. I did
have to shim the front by the radiator with one aluminum pad each side to close
the door gaps a little. Those weren't there originally.  I also removed some
of the pads under the brackets. I placed a two foot long two by four length
wise along the sill and jacked it up just enough to loosen the pads. Then I
used
an awl though the bolt hole to pick the pad out over the frame. Wasn't as bad
as I thought it would be.

As someone suggested, I'll place the hood and boot lid and laden it before
I'm done. I'm sure I'll need to make more adjustments.

I still can't figure out why there's more space now between the differential
mount and the rear shelf than when I pulled the tub, but as long the door gaps
look OK, I'm not going to worry about it.

Bud Trussell