Oil gallery plug

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Oil gallery plug
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:03:51 EST
On the TR6 engine is a plug just above the oil filter listed as NA from Moss
and not listed at all, as far as I could tell at TRF. VB lists it as a 3/4
inch oil gallery plug. My problem is that the machine shop used an engine
cleaner
that dissolves aluminum. The plug is missing, so is (was) it aluminum? The
hole is threaded, but on a running TR6 engine I looked at, the plug looks like
press fit. I'm pretty sure it isn't a freeze plug but I can't find a thread
to fit it. I am going to order a couple of them from VB. What should I expect
when it gets here and how is it installed?

Thanks in advance,
Bud Trussell