Re: Tire Size

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Size
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:58:25 -0800
Mark---Mitch's suspicions are valid...The 215mm width will fit on the
5.5 rim.
However, I found that inflation pressures must be kept under 25psi.
Otherwise, the tread will bow down and cause the center of the tire to
wear out prematurely.

Dick

Mitch wrote:
Hi Mark,
I'm using 65x215x15" on 7" Panasports with the VB one piece shock
conversion & have only a tiny trace of tire scuff on the bump stop
tower. I have never heard any rubbing noise even under full suspension
compression. I would imagine a stock rim would give you a bit more room.
I would also consider the possibility that the tire may be to wide for a
stock 5.5" steel rim.
--
Mitch Seff
Oceanside, N.Y.