RE: Headlight Conversion

To: "'Navarrette, Vance'" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>,
Subject: RE: Headlight Conversion
From: "Rick & Lori O" <trinitygadget@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:26:36 -0500
The rice boys love the imitation HID lamps, because it looks high tech, at a
fraction of the cost. *REAL* HID kits would cost $500 and up for a
conversion and would include a solid-state ballast for each headlight. When
you know this, it makes the rice boy fad even wackier. It's not about
performance - it's about having the APPEARANCE of performance. Pretty silly,
if you ask me - but what do I know?

Yup, I agree.  Don't forget the Sylvania SilverStar halogen capsules that
burn out quicker than another trip to NAPA.  But if I were a SEMA
manufacturer, I absolutely have to have that "special demographic" continue
pursuing the performance illusion.  What about the 21-inch rubber band
wheel/tire combos and Altezza tail lamps that started it all?  REVENUE, a
most American tradition thank you very much!!!

Rick O.

(Lucas halogen sealed beams)