Engine Rebuilders in MASS

To: <6pack@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engine Rebuilders in MASS
From: "Original Music" <originalmusic@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 16:01:29 -0500
Hi. I am getting closer...closer...closer...to actually lifting my
block/tranny out of my TR250.
It has been suggested that I send the engine to Ideal Engine in Somerville
MA for the rebuild.
Does anyone have any other suggestions that might be in my area (south shore
Massachusetts).
This engine has not turned in many many years and although it seems to be in
good shape visually, I'm sure it is a mess internally.

Please reply with your suggestions, experiences and knowledge.

Should I bore?
Is it likely that I can have internal engine parts machined and saved?
Typically what I am up against?
Costs?
Transmission/gear box issues?
Clutch? Should they do it at the same time?

Please try to keep in mind that although I am very ambitious and quite handy
with a great capacity to learn technical procedures, I am NOT an experienced
mechanic.

Thanks
Bob
TR250 6819L