Re: Shocks or Levers...

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Shocks or Levers...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:32:27 -0700
Ron---Muchof what you ask has already been answered, so I will just add
a few fringes.

To see if you like the action of lever shocks, hopefully testing "good
ones", use body weight to push down on each rear corner of the car. If
find this as I did, the back end will fly back up when weight is
released. This was what I tried to tuen out, but never could. The gas
shock conversion slowed down this "rebound". Not as good as most new
cars and their tuned suspensions, but close.

Do the easy things first when looking for the rearend clunk. Notably, a
loose shock mounting bolt, where it attaches to the frame. (You should
hear this also when going over small bumps) A longer bolt with an
attachment nut will keep you from doing this again.

If these bolts were not loose, jack up each rear wheel, leaving the
other on the ground. Put the tranny into gear. Rock each rear tire back
and forth to see if you can duplicate the sound you hear. There can be
so much accumulated slack in the drivetrain to make this search
difficult to pin down any one thing. Then again, you may find something
obvious!

Dick

From: Ron.Landis@kentcounty.org(Ron Landis) Date: Wed, Oct 27, 2004,
9:20am (PDT+3) To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net Subject: Shocks or levers on a
tr250
I am a newbie, so I hope this works
My newly acquired TR250 is in need of a rear end improvements. So do I
do the shock conversion or rebuilt the original? If it is new shocks
which ones are the most bang for the buck?? Also there is a clunk in the
rear end when the clutch is released. How do I tell if a differential
mount is broke or if it something else?
Is there anyone in Grand Rapids
Thanks
Ron