Re: my car stinks

To: 6pack@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: my car stinks
From: oliver <oliverconnect@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:31:10 -0700 (PDT)
my favorite porsche story:

i was at a PCOA event; i think it was rally training, and i mentioned to a club
member that the Triumph club members were more interested in older cars.  i
didn't mention as opposed to status.  he said "why we have cars going all the
way back to 1972!"

"Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu> wrote:
On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 Lizirbydavis@cs.com wrote:

[stuff deleted]
> My experience in the Porsche community was .....different

really! I would never have thought that.

:-0

Actually, I know some Porch owner/drivers who are pretty decent folks. On
the other hand, I've met some Duesies!

Example - a PCA event at the local airfield where we autocross. A number
of years ago, a porsche guy lost an oil line entering a sweeper turn. He
proceeded to leave the entire contents of the sump on the track. We had an
event the next week - the other club hadn't even bothered to clean it up!

Our follow-on event was an SCCA Solo 2 National Tour. We had to redesign
the course to accomodate the oil spill. Sheesh. I think we used 300 pounds
of speedi-dri.

Speaking of speedi-dri - when we were doing the cleanup, it was easy to
spot the british car guys... they had a definite technique to spreading
and scuffing in the speedi-dri. Sort of like they'd actually engaged in
the activity before.

:-)

> Joe Davis

Check out the new British Cars Forum: