Re: Engine Rev

To: Adam C Beasley <adam@adambeasley.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Rev
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:59:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Adam C Beasley wrote:

> I've noticed that when I'm accelerating my engine does not want to go much
> over 4,000 RPM.  I don't feel like I'm losing power or anything, just that
> it doesn't want to rev any higher.  Is this normal for this engine or should
> I look into my throttle linkage and or air flow to the carbs?

Check everything.

Your motor should pull well over 5k before there's any noticible power
loss due things like carb jetting (e.g. needle profile).

Checking the carb linkage to the specs in teh Bentley manual is def. a
good place to start. I have seen these totally bodged before and the car
wouldn't go worth a damn.

Also check that your ingnition spark advance is working properly and make
sure that the spark is strong.

If you have access to a tester, do a leak-down test to make sure the motor
is internally healthy.

But a stock TR6 motor should pull a lot higher than 4k rpms!

> Thanks,
>

> Adam
>
> 73 TR6

regards,
rml
various TR6's
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |

Check out the new British Cars Forum: