RE: electric fuel pump inertia switch

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: electric fuel pump inertia switch
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 00:39:14 -0400
Hello David,

My car has been converted to electronic fuel injection and I use an inertia
switch for safety. It came from the trunk of a late 80's Lincoln Town car,

Most fuel injected Ford products use inertia switches. I am now nearing
completion of a TR6 throttle body injection conversion and it uses a Ford
Taurus inertia switch. Your local junk yards are full of these and there
probably isn't much demand so the price should be very low.

Rick Patton
Delft blue 71 TR6
TBI for the TR6 project
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/

> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:55:36 -0400
> From: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
> Subject: electric fuel pump inertia switch
>
> Folks,
>
> Does anyone know where I can get an
> inertia switch for my electric fuel pump
> installation? As per the Dan Masters
> manual, I'd like to hook up a switch that
> would turn off the pump in the event of
> excessive g's. I checked into Summit
> Racing and Jeg's and did a bit of searching
> on the web to no avail.
>
> TIA,
> David Brady
> 68 TR250 CD8124L