Re: TR6 blinker & lights

To: "'6-Pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: TR6 blinker & lights
From: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:09:53 -0500
Hi, all.  Looking for a little collective advice/confirmation.

1.  1972 TR6 in relatively good shape.  Headlights and blinkers worked until
about two months ago.
2.  Headlights only worked when I pulled the "flash brights."   Do not know
if blinkers or parking lights worked.
3.  Took off surround from headlight switch, pulled on it, put it back in,
then lights worked again.  Again, not sure about blinkers or parking lights.
4.  Lights and blinkers quit working.  flashers work.
5.  Pulled out tach and speedo; some bracket bolts.  Checked connections;
checked fuses.  If I use a wire to short the headlight switch, the
headlights
come on.  Did this after successfully testing for power at switch.
6.  Conclusion:  headlight switch bad.  Correct?  Anyone want to part with
one for a reasonable cost?