gurgly fuel pump

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: gurgly fuel pump
From: Colin Thom <colinthom@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:08:19 -0700
Hi Gang,

I notice a gurgling sound coming from my fuel pump after my car's been
sitting for a while after I shut it off. It can be gurgling away over an
hour after I've shut off the car. If I give it a few shots with the
priming lever, it shuts up. Could my fuel be boiling in the pump after I
shut it off?? This would explain a few problems I've been having lately.
I thought I needed to get a heat shield since I'm running a header, but
if the problem's in the pump, that won't help. Any ideas?

Thanks Colin CF31098UO