Re: cruise control

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: cruise control
From: TR6UO@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 00:04:31 EDT
Joe,
I had an MG with a cruise control and have a kit I'll be installing on my
TR6. The older you get the more you'll appreciate them on those long trips. The
key is to use one with an electric servo as opposed to a vacuum. You'll also
want to be choosey about the control arm, being careful to keep it looking like
it belongs there. There are also some nice looking dash mounted slide switches
available as an alternative to the traditional stem mount.

There's a company in Laurenberg, North Carolina called Rostra Precision
Control (NFI) that makes a great cruise control kit with an electric servo. For
example, the Resume mode has a gradual acceleration as opposed to the hard
acceleration you normally find on aftermarket systems. They make a lot of OE
cruise
control stuff for Detroit and some of the Port of Entry offerings.

Keep me posted on what you do for a control arm or switch, as I haven't yet
decided how to mount mine.

Steve