gear shift lever

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: gear shift lever
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:28:41 -0800
List,

At 4500 RPM in 2nd and 3rd gears the gear shift lever vibrates and makes a
rattling noise.  This continues to 5000 RPM.  I haven't tried 4th gear at
those engine speeds yet.  I don't think it makes the noise in 1st gear, if
it does, I haven't heard it.  Has anybody else experienced this?  Any ideas
what may be the cause?

Awhile back, someone on the list mentioned using a quick-lube service to
change transmission and differential oils.  What opinion do any of you have
regarding using any particular one of these companies?

Gary
'73