Re: Cam Regrinding

To: Douglas Morris <dcmdcm@earthlink.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam Regrinding
From: Greg Dito <dito9561@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 12:29:22 -0500
Doug,

Highly recommended that you buy hardened lifters. Refacing is an option I
guess, but after machining and hardening old lifters is there a huge cost
savings?  For the $10-$12 apiece new I'd rather buy new.  Back to the cam...

You'll get as many responses as there are cam grinders.  Just make sure the cam
is hardened afterwards.  Most reputable shops do this anyway but ask.  I had
Isky regrind my original 250 cam to their Z-19 profile and I noticed the
difference immediately, especially in the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts.  268 degrees
duration, .400 lift, stock valve springs and stock everything else.  I also had
the head cut to about 9.25:1 CR.

Real nice idle note through my Ansas, not lumpy and sounded great.  In the
right frame of mind almost as intensely pleasurable as s_x.   Almost.  At least
I could make it last a whole lot longer. :->

Greg Dito
CD6250L