RE: Opinions on cash value of my car.

To: "'S Mann'" <quicksilver_rising@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Opinions on cash value of my car.
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:55:15 -0400
Scott,
I know the car means a lot to you, but the sad fact is that the value of
TR6s has plummeted lately and here it is at the end of the driving
season...so I think you'd be lucky to get maybe $2,500 for the car. But,
because I'm always trying to help a fellow enthusiast out I'll bust my
budget and give you $3,500 for it just to help you out. Let me know
where to send the  check and I'll take the pitiful thing off your hands
and return your much deserved garage space.
Always trying to help ;^),

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO

A lister recently posted regarding a TR6 for sale.  The car sounded
quite good and the price reflected same.  I have often wondered what my
car is worth.  Perhaps I should consider parting with the jewel.  I just
don't drive it enough to justify the garage space.

The car:

http://www.triumphowners.com/54

The details:

1976, TR6, White
One owner
31,000 Miles: It has always been a "play" car.
All original down to the tires.
Speaking of tires: Very good, no checking
Clutch Master Cylinder has been replaced.
Brakes new this spring, I needed something to do. 400 miles on them now.
Rear springs new last fall. Points, plugs coil and rotor bug new this
spring too. All of the few replacement parts have come from VB.

Dealer added in '76 for showrooom display:
Rear luggage rack
Roll Bar
8-Track Stereo, it still works.
Wood laminated mahogany Nardi steering wheel.

Fuel gauge has failed to operate.  The float is the likely culprit.

Condition:

In general, excellent.
Exterior finish: "Factory grade" luster
3 minor rock chips.
Chrome: Excellent

Interior: Excellent
Crash pad has a one inch crack from being used as a thumb rest when
closing the choke.  It only is visible when pressed, so I don't do that.
Upholstery: Tan, perfect. Shows absolutely no sign of wear. Seat foam is
beginning to disintegrate and sift out from beneath.

Top:
The top has been up about 5 times and generally just to run it up and
down.  It is kept in the "down" position with a cloth folded in to
pevent abrasion of the windows.  The windows are crystal clear.

Under the hood:
Excellent except,
Finish is damaged and minor surface rust on the driver side wheel well
due to fluid spillage.

Frame:
Good, minor surface rust.

Electrical:
Perfect and original down to and including the lightbulbs.

I am really not interested in selling.  But the car vs. the money in
hand (and the garage space) may be an arguement.

What might I expect to get for this car?

Thanks,

Scott.

---