RE: clutch slave

To: "'Jim Davis'" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: RE: clutch slave
From: "Richard Cottingham" <richardc@PinchinLeBlanc.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:32:31 -0300
I think your criticism of VB might be a little too harsh.  While their
technical support is non-existent, I've purchased a lot of good parts
from them.  It is recommended practice to shop around for particular
parts by checking with other owners first about the comparative quality
amongst the Big Three (or 4).  This can be done through this list or by
checking with other owners in your neighbourhood.  You soon get a good
feel for which parts, from which suppliers, are the best deal.

BTW, despite clutch problems with a variety of cars over the years, I've
never been stranded - just limped home through clutchless shifting.
(FWIW).

Rich C.
First post since Hurricane Juan which wreaked havoc in Halifax.  Still
no electricity at home but finally some coffee here at work - in a lucky
area with power.