Sad, but true

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Sad, but true
From: "Brett Graffis" <bgraffis@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:03:58 -0500
6-Packers--

I apologize for posting a blatant advertisement, but I'm seriously
considering the sale of my TR6.  As much as I love the vehicle, I'm forcing
myself to be proactive and sell the car before I'm forced to do so.  My wife
and I are talking about having children and a new house and my finances will
force me to sell the car at that point.  You know what they say: the worst
time to shop for a car is when you really need to buy a car.  Likewise, I
think the worst time to sell a car is when you really need to sell it.

Anyways, the car is a Pimento Red 1972 (CC80051U).  It has 100K miles on it
and, while it's certainly not in the best shape, it looks and runs terrific
and is a blast to drive.  As for the condition, the interior is good shape:
there are two tears (2 inches each) in the drivers seat, and the usual
cracks in the dash.  The exterior is in similar condition: the usual small
scratches and scuff marks.  The only rust is a small section in the corner
of the trunk and at the far, back, driver's side (near the exhaust).  The
main electricals work (I'm not sure about the window washers).  In the last
two years, I've done the following: two new tires (replaced two with bubbles
while the remaining two were in great shape), new carpet/sound deadening
material, new seat belts (safety first), new stereo speakers and a pair of
fabricated kidney panels to house the speakers, and a lot of miscellaneous
items like light bulbs, fuses, and a hood release cable (again, being
proactive).  The top is all right--the driver's side rear window is
separating from the top--but I only put the top up for winterization.  The
title is clean, though it has the note that says "Odometer not actual"
which, as the Bureau of Motor Vehicles assures me, is the result of the 1978
title being a non-conforming title in that it did not have the odometer
statement built into the title work itself.  I'm in the process of getting
the appropriate odometer statements signed to have the note removed but I'm
having trouble reaching the previous owner--ironically, a British guy who
has moved back to the UK.

Obviously, this is not a show car.  But, I'm a very picky, honest person
trying to paint a realistic picture of this car--my description really makes
it sound worse than it is.  Likewise, I know you are the TR6 experts and
would know how to take care of my Baby.

I'm in Fishers, Indiana (northside of Indianapolis) and will likely be
placing an ad for the vehicle this weekend.  If anybody is at all interested
in the car (or knows someone who might be interested), let me know.  I'd be
happy to answer any questions--as you've seen, you might get more
information than you wanted.  Depending upon response, I might try posting
some photos to a website so you can have a look.  As for price, thats my
next question.  With the understanding that you haven't actually seen,
heard, or driven the car, what sounds fair.  Honestly, I paid $3700 for it
and have probably put another $600-700 into it.  Ideally, I'd get out of it
what I paid but I'm flexible.  You've been a huge help with your
discussions, you've answered several of my questions (yes, I'm the one that
had the radiator questions earlier this year), and you've saved me money
without knowing, so I'll be flexible.

Brett Graffis