Re: summary: ZS needles?

To: dmallin@attglobal.net (Don Malling)
Subject: Re: summary: ZS needles?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:25:13 -0700 (PDT)
Don---Joe and I have started talking about this B1E needle choice. If
you're in a hurry to get the engine started, I'd go with the stock
needles set to full rich. (If they're adjustable) I don't think the
stock, non-adjustables will cut it with the cam you have. It may not
even be happy idling with adjustable B1AF's set to full rich, unless you
want to set the idle speed up over 1000 or so.

Joe did say that the ones you are thinking about getting are biased and
have been made to be adjustable, which is good. There should be enough
range with the B1E to allow the engine to idle happily, tho probably a
little lumpy. I think these needles will be very much on the rich side,
once you get past 3000. This will be easy enough to check, without fancy
gadgets. More later on this, when and if the time comes...

Dick