Weak spark

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weak spark
From: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:45:40 -0400
List,

Need help!  Just completed a complete rebuild of my engine and today was the
long awaited for day (about 4 months).  Engine will not start.  I do not
believe I am getting sufficient spark.  I replaced with new parts the wires,
rotor, dist cap and condensor but not the coil or the points.  I then put the
old parts on to see if the new parts are defective.  Still a VERY faint spark
when holding one of the plugs againt the block while turning the engine over.
I am getting 12 volts across the coil with the ignition on  and 10 volts while
turning the engine over.  I don't know how to check the output of the coil.
The coil was working when I took it of the engine 4 months ago and I assumed
it would work when reinstalled.  Could it have died on the shelf?

Any suggestions as to what I can check to determine the problem? Thanks in
advance for any help you provide.

Ken Owens
71 TR6