Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?

To: "JEFFREY FETNER" <FETNERJ001@hawaii.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: .75" clutch master in an early TR6?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 06:44:44 -0500
At 09:46 PM 9/2/03 +0600, JEFFREY FETNER wrote:

>   TR4 & 4A clutch MC's are .75 - I haven't tried but it will probably bolt
>up.  The actuating arm may not be the same length.  Worth a try if you have
>a good TR4 core to rebuild.  Good luck!

TR4 and 4A clutch master cylinders will not work on a TR6. They (as well as
the brake master cylinders) require TR4/4A pedal assemblies which operate
in reverse to the way in which the TR6 pedals operate, and don't mount up
on the firewall the way the TR6 cylinders do. It is not too difficult,
however, to fit the TR6 pedals to a TR4 if you want a dual brake master
cylinder. I know of several TR4 vintage race cars that have that arrangement.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL