Convertible Top Choice?

To: <6Pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Convertible Top Choice?
From: "James Jerrel" <jjerrel@email.dnet.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 13:27:30 -0400
I am considering purchasing a new top for my TR6. I am looking at a black top
in either SunFast Canvas or Everflex vinyl?  Has anyone had experience with
either of these? With the canvas in particular, I have several questions. (1)
Does it shrink as much as vinyl and if so, how fast? (2) Is it hard to
maintain. clean, etc? With vinyl you generally just wipe it off but with
canvas, are stains, fuzz, dirt, etc. difficult to remove? (3) Is the canvas
waterproof as much as the vinyl or does it need to be treated?

With the Everflex vinyl, I am curious as to how it compares to the regular
vinyl tops you can buy(ie-Robbins tops).  What is the difference that makes
Everflex so much more expensive? I am really interested in going with the
SunFast canvas, but need to know that I am not getting into a maintenance
nightmare and that it won't shrink up way too fast. Any help anyone can give in
helping me make the correct decision would be appreciated. Thanks.