RE: simple yet critical question

To: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: simple yet critical question
From: "Scot Montrey" <SMontrey@nam.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:02:17 -0400
Thanks, but I completely drained the gas tank prior to storage.  Filled
her up with premium and drove her pretty briskly for about 20 miles last
night -- I guess some more of that wouldn't hurt!

I'll try the Italian tuneup, though I know at least my carbs are clean
(and really winding my motor out makes me nervous because I have low
compression in the #6 cylinder and don't want to blow the head
gasket...)

One possibility - when I drained the tank, I sprayed the inside pretty
good with WD40.  ---?  Could that have raised the CO level?  I wouldn't
think so, but I did dump a fair amount in there.