roller rocker install

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: roller rocker install
From: "Gene Holtzclaw" <motrv8d@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 01:23:17 +0000
Just thought I would post to the list my results of installing the roller
rockers purchased from Jim Swarthout's company. My car is a stock 76 with
58k miles on it. I have recently installed a Rimmer Bros. 6 into 2 S.S.
header and custom built dual exhaust. Before this, my car would quit
producing additional power after about 4800 rpm. This modification alone
allowed the car to start pulling to almost 6k rpm with power being felt up
to about 5500-5800 rpm. I have now installed these roller rockers. It took
me 4 hours and 15 mins. from start to driving including installation of new
springs.( I also purchased one of the valve spring tools from Jim.) My car
now pulls solidly to 6000rpm and would pull more but I don't want to throw
the bottom end out of it. The thing that I noticed MOST was the difference
in pedal effort to maintain speed (45-60 mph). It is odd because I feel that
I am now hardly giving the car any gas at all to maintain highway speeds. It
runs absolutely effortlessly. TR6s do this anyway but you do have to keep
your foot into it. I don't make a habit of checking fuel milage in my car
but it would be interesting now. I'll post results should I go anywhere long
distance in it. I have not adjusted my carbs to compensate for any of this
so that is a whole 'nother day. The installation instructions were very well
detailed and the package included new adjuster nuts and washers. It even
included new aluminum washers for the rocker shaft pedestals. Thanks Jim for
a what seems a good product for the TR6. Now maybe that aluminum flywheel
that Mitch went on about..........