RE: TR-250 freeze plug r&r

To: <skip@pobox.com>
Subject: RE: TR-250 freeze plug r&r
From: <britauto@ihpc.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 19:28:52 -0700
Skip,

I just did this last winter on a TR6 that had been sitting for years.  The
core plug has likely rusted through and is leaking.  As you state you'll
need to remove the carbs, intake, and exhaust manifold.  I didn't remove the
water pipe as it looked OK.  I stuck a screwdriver through the core plug
where it was leaking and just twisted it out. You may want to be careful and
not push the plug into the block.  I cleaned up the hole, put a little
non-hardening gasket sealer on the plug and tapped it in with a wood block
and hammer.  This is a great time to clean the carbs, paint the exhaust
manifold, clean the block and paint it.... and on and on:-)

Good luck!
Bruce Harding
68 TR250
80 TR8