selling my tr6 -- what should I ask?

To: "Triumph Six-Pack (6pack@autox.team.net)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: selling my tr6 -- what should I ask?
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:12:32 -0500
Hello listers,

I've decided to sell my TR, primarily because I've got to put some money
into my big Healey. Would appreciate any feedback from list on what's a fair
price. Car is in the Washington, D.C. metro area, so I'm presuming I'll be
able to find a local buyer.

Here's a description of the car:

1972 TR6, Damson (maroon) with black interior
--unknown mileage
--engine has been rebuilt, runs very well. Tranny also probably rebuilt,
since the synchros are excellent.
--carbs seem good, choke works properly
--ignition is original with new Lucas sport coil. No problems, good, steady
idle when warm.
--brand new starter and tires
--exterior is good, lousy paint but almost no rust. rockers and fenders are
good. tiny bit of rust at border of rear valance
--The hood and one fender are used and were yellow, have been resprayed, but
some yellow shows through. Car presumably was in a fender-bender at some
point.
--suspension is decent.
--brakes are good, rebuilt master cylinder, new handbrake cables
--interior is fair to good. seats good, top dash pad is good. wood dash is
good with no cracks, but needs refinishing. new pads for door tops, not
installed. needs some new pads below dash, and center support needs
recovering
--needs carpet
--newer top, looks good, rear window is clear. Top opens and closes
smoothly, linkage is complete.
--driver's floor panel needs repair or replacement; passenger's looks
better. frame seems solid.
--brand new tonneau cover, still in box
--new liners, bottom board and carpeting for trunk
--minor electrical glitches: no horn, no turn signals. wipers work on one
speed only. speedometer out, but worked a little while ago, so might just be
the cable. all other instruments complete and working
--car was originally O/D, and still has wiring, switches and relays, but
tranny was replaced with a non O/D unit at some point.

This is a car that somebody could buy and enjoy as is, or do a complete or
rolling restoration. it's definitely a reliable daily driver right now, once
the electrical bug is fixed.

What sounds like a fair price?

Thanks.

Graham