Re: Sputtering under acceleration

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Sputtering under acceleration
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:16:43 -0500
    jay> I'm betting that one or both of the diaphragms have small tears.
    jay> Remove them and stretch them a bit to check.  I just went through
    jay> this exercise on my car.  I first checked the fuel filters...turned
    jay> out to be the diaphragms.  $3.00 each from TRF.

Speaking of which, when I rebuilt my carbs last summer, the diaphragms that
came with the rebuild kit looked worse than those in the carbs.  They seemed
to be a different material and didn't look all that well-formed.  I reused
the old ones.  Are the individual diaphragms different than what comes in
the kits?

--
Skip Montanaro
skip@pobox.com