RE: Trailing arm stories

To: "Gregory Dito" <g.dito@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: RE: Trailing arm stories
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:19:44 -0700
Not to contradict you, but Triumph is the only production car application
that I know of that uses fine-thread studs in cast aluminum.  Since the
torque values are so low, its always a good idea to put a low-medium
strength locking compound in the stud threads, UNF or UNC.  Also in the
racing world, its more common for the stock axle to snap than the hub to
part from the trailing arm.

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA
'73 TR6