RE: False advertising on eBay

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: False advertising on eBay
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:53:37 -0500
I've noticed that a lot of people selling cars on E-Bay, especially the
"professionals," are ending the sale early if they aren't satisfied with the
bidding and don't think they're going to get the price they want.

They'd rather do that instead of listing a reserve price, because having a
reserve tends to limit bidding (unless it's exceeded). Also, I seem to
recall reserve acutions have a higher listing fee.

I've watched many cars that I was interested in, (perhaps for some
last-minute sniping!), only to discover that they've been yanked.

What bothers me more is items on E-bay that aren't an auction, but
essentially a fixed price. That means a lot more junk to wade through - i.e.
fake HD headlight bulbs.

-Graham