RE: Hub bearing, fur bearing

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Hub bearing, fur bearing
From: "steve bridge" <slbridge@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:03:42 +0000
> > Hey List,
> >
> > Here is a new one. I was surfing and found a site that says if you
>heat the
> > rear bearing hub with a torch just shy of a fire ball,  plunge it into
>a cold
> > water bath, you will feel it pop. then pound it on a concrete floor
>and it
> > will come apart.
> >
> > http://www.torontotriumph.com/articl12.htm
> >
> >  Go figure, I just thought a bigger hammer would do the trick.
> >
> > John Davis
> > 73 in the works
>

> > Hey List,
> >
> > Here is a new one. I was surfing and found a site that says if you heat
>the
> > rear bearing hub with a torch just shy of a fire ball,  plunge it into a
>cold
> > water bath, you will feel it pop. then pound it on a concrete floor and
>it
> > will come apart.

I Love it!
    Is the proper attire for this procedure an loin cloth?  'cause I have
one and I excel at Caveman Mechanics!   I don't have a concrete floor, but I
do have a rock that I am fond of...
   Seriously, I have visions of a weakened hub failing in a long sweeping
curve with a car already at the limits of lateral adhesion.  Could be fatal.
                 SD Steve