RE: TR6 hardtop value

To: "'David Friedlander'" <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 hardtop value
From: "Jim Davis" <jdavis344@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 03:00:57 -0400
Dave,
Other folks have told me they have not had the same "fit and alignment"
problems I experienced.
I don't understand that because the hardtop is steel, the attachment
points are fixed and there is no adjustment. If my body was torqued, say
from a previous accident, the top wouldn't fit or bolt up properly, and
it does. My door lines are pretty darn straight, or as good a fit as TR6
doors get, so I don't think that's it. That means the window opening
dimensions are fixed. So if mine doesn't line up, no one else's should
either.

But there are many things I don't understand, so maybe your fit will be
more satisfactory.

Let me know how your hardtop works out,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U

Wow, Jim, a lot of perspective and experience voiced there. You're way
ahead of me with all this, as my hardtop only goes to paint next week.
And, being as the hardtop has never actually sat on my '74 vehicle (I
found sitting on a '71 parts car), I hadn't given a shred of thought to
"the fit." Thanks (I think) for the heads up, though I have no idea what
can be done about it. Guess I'll have to wait and see how mine actually
fit together. I wonder if any other listers with hardtops share your
experience or have actually managed to achieve "a good fit." Anyone out
there with a hardtop who want to chime-in on this?

Dave Friedlander
CF25194UO