RE: TRF Clutch cross shaft

To: "'Don Malling'" <dmallin@attglobal.net>,
Subject: RE: TRF Clutch cross shaft
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:33:57 -0500
Don, it was not just TRF that had mis-drilled cross shafts; I had a
problem with one sourced from Moss.  However, I would suspect that all
cross shafts are sourced from the same place.

The problem I had with mine, was that the I/D of the hole in the cross
shaft was insufficient to allow the pin to be fully inserted.  I
slightly honed it out to allow the pin to be fully inserted.  However,
when I replaced my T/O bearing with the Gunst, I ordered a new cross
shaft from TRF and it was spot on.

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2