Re: really tight vertical links

To: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Subject: Re: really tight vertical links
From: Richard Good <goodparts@desupernet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:14:47 -0500
Did you have the shocks out at the time? When you jack up the front the wheel
stops dropping when the shock extends to its limit. If the shock is not in place
and the suspension is allowed to drop further, the turning stop on the trunnion
will hit the lower plate. This tries to tilt the trunnion and puts a
considerable
amount of binding force on the trunnion threads making steering very difficult.

Richard Good