TR6 F/R weight Dist - I FOUND THE ANSWER

To: "Terry Geiger" <twgeiger@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: TR6 F/R weight Dist - I FOUND THE ANSWER
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:28:38 -0800
AH HA !!

The number came from the November 1972 Car & Driver test of the TR6 (Front
50.5%/Rear 49.5%).  I have a copy of "Triumph TR6 Gold Portfolio 1969-1976"
(Brooklands Books).  Its a collection of reprinted magazine tests and
articles on the TR6.  Also in that book is the February 1969 Road & Track
test, which listed the F/R distribution as 51/49, the February 1969 Car &
Driver test which listed 52.4/47.6, and the October 1976 Car & Driver test
which listed it again as 50.5/49.5.

I hate it when I can't remember where I got a spec from.  I guess no matter
what figure you believe, the TR6 is not the totally nose heavy pig that
everyboby assumes. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Hugh Barber