Re: engine and trans weight?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine and trans weight?
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:09:28 -0800 (PST)
According to Dan Master's web page about his Ford 302 engine conversion
(http://britishv8.org/swaps/TR6ford.HTM), a TR6 engine with all
accessories weighs 460 pounds...which, interestingly enough, is the
same as a Ford 302 with cast iron heads.  I didn't see any figures on
TR6 tranny weight, but Dan does mention that "with aluminum heads,
water pump, and intake manifold, a lightweight performance flywheel,
and the small starter, the Ford engine/transmission combo weighs 25
pounds LESS than the stock TR6 engine and transmission".

I bet you could contact Dan via email and he'll have the TR6
engine/tranny combo weight available...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6