Re: Air Flow, + No doze

To: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Air Flow, + No doze
From: william mcintire <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:53:35 -0500
Dick
Somwhere in the dark past, I think I remember
damper springs available in varying degrees of
stiff. Think they had a paint stripe color code on
them for what they were. If ( should be IF) my
memory is correct and the parts are still
available, lighter springs would enable the
pistons to lift sooner and get the needles outta
da hole on a three carb setup.

Also, didn't MGB's or Spridgets have 1.5 inch
carbs with the same mounting bolt pattern as
TR6's? If this is the case, wouldn't maybe triple
1.5's give better results for dual purpose cars
than 1.75's? The smaller throttle bores will
higher velocity air fuel which should improve low
speed response and fuel milage. My best guess for
max flow is ~300 cfm for the triple setup. Those
of you with some comprehension of fluid dynamics
feel free to jump in and show me the error of my
ways. Jetting could generate a lot of head
scratching and premature baldness.

Whatchathink?
Bill
'70 6