Re: electronic ign.

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: electronic ign.
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:26:36 -0600
Jonmac wrote:

> Both my Triumphs . . . had Lumenition units . . . Both proved
> to have defective power packs, so I threw them out and went
> back to points and condensers. Not only was it a lot cheaper to
> convert but both cars now run better on the 'old' system than the new.

Welcome to the club of reformed Lumenition owners.

I'm sure that someone willing to acquire the necessary expertise in the
maintenance, diagnosis and repair of Lumenition ignition systems might be
happy with that setup.

Personally, I found it more effective to simply re-acquire a set of points
and a condenser. The only expertise required is remembering to carry a spare
set on long trips.

Jim Hill
Madison WI