Wheel trim rings and dashboards?

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel trim rings and dashboards?
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 10:43:19 -0600
I'm looking for the collective wisdom on the list-

  1st The aluminum trim rings- mine have a few minor scratches on them and I
would like to have them refinished, but I'm not sure what the coating is. It
looks like anodized. They could be replaced with the stainless ones, but they
don't look right to me. Anyone have any ideas on refinishing for the ORIGINAL
look. Is there a company that might be able to do this?

  2nd question- I have a 1969 TR6 and the wood dash looks darker than those
offered by TRF (which they don't have right now). I like the darker wood, but
if this didn't come that way I may switch to the lighter wood. Did the '69's
come with darker wood than the latter 6's?

  3rd- If I chose a darker wood and it originally had a lighter dash would
that count against the car in a car show?

Thanks all!!

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)