RE: gas cap angle -- further discussion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: gas cap angle -- further discussion
From: william.mcintire@wright.edu
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 19:54:26 -0400
FWI may be W... The first TR I had, a '54 TR2, in 1958 had the gas cap
oriented N-S. the hinged protion toward the passengers compartment. Subsequent
TR3's I've owned were the same. My TR6, bought new in 1970, has the gas cap
aimed E-W across the car. Hinged toward the drivers side. Be it right wrong or
somewhere in the middle, that's the way it was when I pushed it off the
showroom floor and it still is. I don't know what happens if I would try to
open the trunk with the filler open, never had any real need to do that. It
seems sort of inconsequential to me. Your could always grease the bottom of te
filler neck and rotate it to whatever orientation whoever prefers.
Bill....'70 6