Re: Question about front brake caliper shims

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about front brake caliper shims
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:08:39 +0000
Over the years I have received either the half moon shims OR the full shims.
To the best of my knowledge you use one or the other not both.

one time the full shims gave me a HORRIBLE squealing noise.
i have found the half moon ones to work better.

in addition there is some grease supplied with these shims.
use it in between the half shims and the back of the pads. it works.
that is the BEST way.

or you can try the 'anti squeal' goo (orange in color).
although i have had mixed results using that in conjunction
w/ the full shims (see HORRIBLE squeal noise above! ;-) )
the goo is best ( i believe) when used by itself.

hope this helps!

-james