transmission problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: transmission problems
From: tr6me@cs.com
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 16:23:13 -0400
I have a 75 tr6 with a J type overdrive that had some clutch slippage, and
would not engage in reverse when it warmed up. I have replace the clutch,
preasure plate, bearing, and replaced the fork pin with a hardened pin (it had
a stress crack )replace the tranny and the clutch doesn't slip but it still
will intermitently not engage in reverse. The hydraulics seem to be working
fine and the slave cylinder rod is not ovaled out. I thought it may be the
overdrive stuck on so I disconnected the wires to the selonid. when I tried to
test the selinoid it did not click and it was getting 10 plus on the meter when
in the on position. The car has been sitting for some time and has never had
this problem. any ideas on what to check for would be helpfull.

Mark Johnson