Re: Body Number on 73 TR6

To: Michael Graham <mgraham@achilles.net>
Subject: Re: Body Number on 73 TR6
From: Will <tr6@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:36:13 +0100
>Hi all
>
>On the firewall of my 73 TR6 (CF727U) I have two plates riveted one above
>the other. The upper one is stamped 900CF and the lower is T00831CF. I
>believe the lower one (with the T) is the body number. Am I correct? If so,
>what is the upper one? I thought there was only normally one plate there
>... both appear to be original.
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Cheers, Mike
>73 TR6
>70 GT6

You should find one plate is painted in body colour, that is the body
in white number and was on the car when it was painted. The other
plate should be unpainted, that is the body in trim number - in
effect the final body number for your car, identifying the body in
it's final colour. All down to the way Triumph identified it's stock
of body-shells.

Regards,
--
William Davies