Re: Fuel gauge floats

To: rgreene@whoi.edu
Subject: Re: Fuel gauge floats
From: Mark Riddle <dunamis6@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 14:18:17 -0400
Bob,
Sorry to chime in so late on this one, but I had the same problem happen
to me. I took out my trusty soldering iron and "reflowed" the
"plastic"(looks like nylon), and voila-no more leak. Of course your
mileage may vary, and take great care around fumes (gasoline). The
severity of the damage must also be taken into account, in that there may
not be sufficient material near the "hole" to be reflowed.
Again, not that this is the best way, but I was a newbie at the
repair/save a buck game, and it worked for me.
HTH

Mark Riddle
"72 TR6 rising from the parts "piles"