Re: Question about tires

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about tires
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:14:31 -0800
A bit over a year ago, I did the same thing with a set of 205/70/VR15
all-season Pirelli P4000's, replacing a set of old redlines. The price
was just over $120/corner and the car is absolutely transformed... quite
a joy to drive as compared with before. And my wife (it's her car) got
to keep the redline look she wanted!

And I just bought another set of P4000's this week from the Tire Rack,
coincidentally also in a 205/70/15,  for my newly acquired Tatra 603/2.
They are now Z-rated and the price is down to $76.  You could buy these,
drop ship them to BWW and have redlines added and shipped to you for
just over $100 each. (I bought vintage wide white wall inserts from
Germany for use on the Tatra... get the 50's look with 2002
technology...)

<<FWIW, British Wire Wheel will also Redline tires they don't sell.
I had some Pirelli P4000's that I bought from tirerack.com drop shipped
to BWW and he redlined them (at his normal rate) and then shipped them
to me. Even after paying two shipping charges I still saved a bundle
over the
price that BWW was asking for the same tire.>>

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL